How Do I Prepare for Moving Day?
There are several things that you can do to get ready for moving day. In fact, the earlier you prepare, the better your chances of enjoying a smooth, uneventful and stress-free move. Try to stay flexible, if possible, during the busy season for moving so that you’ll have the best opportunity to secure a truck on your schedule. If you go this route, our customer service representative will tell you 24 hours in advance when a truck is available.
If there are any unique characteristics of your street, or any unforeseen circumstances, let your moving company know as soon as possible. These include:
- Your street is unexpectedly under construction.
- You haven’t finished packing.
- Your moving day has been pushed back.
There are some other things you can do on moving day itself to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- Have your home ready for the movers.
- Take anything off the porch or out of walkways that could pose a risk.
- If you know certain items will not fit easily through a doorway, take the doors off of the hinges.
- Pick up all throw rugs to eliminate any safety hazards.