Moving With Pets
Once you’ve got the kids settled and excited about the big news, you can’t forget the other members of your family – your pets. Moving with pets can be a big challenge if you aren’t prepared for the process. Here at O’Neill Moving & Storage, we have years of experience working with homeowners to ensure that EVERY family member is ready for the trek to a new home.
You can’t explain the moving process to your pet, and you can typically expect your pet to express some anxiety about being in a new place. In order to minimize the trauma on both of you, use the following tips for moving with pets.
- Update pet tags before you move
- Obtain a copy of your veterinary records for your new vet
- Keep food and medications on hand in an easy to reach spot
- Keep your pet separate from all the chaos
- Pack a small first aid kit for pets
- Restrain pets in the car while traveling
- If flying, check with the airline beforehand about special pet considerations
- Research and choose a new animal hospital and veterinarian
- Prepare for accidents in your new home as pets adjust
- Learn more about local health concerns for pets in your new area
Give Us a Call
Here at O’Neill Moving & Storage, we know how complicated moving can be, and want to take the job off your hands so you can focus on moving your family. Contact O’Neill Transfer & Storage today at 503-747-3630 or contact us online for a FREE quote for any move.