Moving With Children
If you’re a parent, you know that even the smallest change can send your children in to a whirlwind of chaos. Fortunately, moving with children doesn’t have to be overwhelming or stressful. Preparing your children beforehand and including them in the process can guarantee your success.
Here at O’Neill Moving & Storage, we want to make every part of your move simple. That’s why we’ve put together a list of tips to help your kids adjust to a move.
- Discuss – In an open environment, speak openly to your kids about the how, what, why, when and how of moving. Explain to your children how the move will be positive for your family.
- Friends – Give your kids plenty of time to spend with old friends before they move to a new area to make new friends. Remind them that you will keep in touch with old friends as much as possible.
- Involve – Allow your kids to help you plan your move, from organizing to packing. Help them pack any special belongings one night to offer them peace of mind about their important things.
- Calm – Whenever possible, allow your kids to visit their new neighborhood before you move. Take the mystery out of the move to calm their fear.
- Celebrate – Once you’ve settled, let your kids plan a fun family night that celebrates the exciting parts of your new city or neighborhood.