An important part of moving is the planning and organization that happens before you even open a box. The more organized you are, the more successful your move can be. Here at O’Neill Moving & Storage, we have over 90 years of experience in the moving industry, and guarantee we know the best ways to move your home or office.
In order to aid you in the moving process, we’ve put together a moving checklist that allows you to stay organized and on top of the chaos.
Eight Weeks Pre-Move
- Sort each room of your house and get rid of unimportant items
- Make a moving binder of important documents, receipts, estimates, and an inventory of your belongings
- Organize all school records
Six Weeks Pre-Move
- Order boxes or any supplies you need to pack and move
- Start using up any perishable foods or cleaning supplies you don’t plan to move
- Measure room dimensions at your new home to ensure that all your furniture will fit through the doors
Four Weeks Pre-Move
- Label clearly
- Organize valuables
- Change your address
- Notify newspapers, magazines, and other important entities about your move
- Obtain copies of medical records
Two Weeks Pre-Move
- Tune up your vehicles
- Clean out safe deposit boxes
One Week Pre-Move
- Start packing suitcases
- Refill any medications
Prepare for Moving Day
Here at O’Neill, we specialize in moving. We’ll ensure that moving day goes smoothly, allowing you to focus on the last minute details of moving your family. Contact O’Neill Transfer & Storage today at 503-747-3630 or contact us online for a FREE quote.